Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very good dipping sauce. I learned it from a friend of mine who is Hmong and grew up in Thailand. You can dip almost any thing with it....Chicken, stuffed chicken wings, eggrolls etc.
- 5 Thai red chili peppers, chopped (birds eye Add more peppers if you like it hot!!)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (bottles fine)
- 1 dash msg
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Crush red peppers and garlic in morter.
- Transfer to a bowl, add everything; mix well.
- Add small lime chunks.
I love this stuff! It's addictive. I left out the MSG, as it doesn't agree w/me and used my home grown chilies, which I will use more of next time. In searching for more stuff to dip into this, I tried cucumber as suggested by a coworker, who loves this stuff too. Try it! Dip cucumber slices in this for a great salad. Edited to add that this is just as delicious using some of my dried chilies! Edited again to put back the stars I forgot...sorry! I'd love to give it an additional five, if that were possible.
I LIKE IT! Love the addition of the cilantro, gives it a whole new twist on the usual dipping sauces. Drizzled it over jasmine rice, Yumm!