1 hr 20 mins
found this in a magazine and adapted to our tastes, delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g boneless lean lamb, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon bottled kaffir lime leaf (I used Valcom brand)
- 425 g tomatoes with juice
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 (425 g) can coconut cream, not the lite version (or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, to serve
- cooking oil, to fry
- 1Heat a dash of oil in a heavy based deep frying pan and gently cook the onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass, stirring often until tender.
- 2Do not let mixture burn.
- 3Stir in the curry paste and lime leaves.
- 4Stir over a low heat for a few minutes until very fragrant.
- 5Add the lamb, tomatoes in juice and capsicum.
- 6Sir over a medium heat until the curry comes to the boil, then lower the temperature and stir in the coconut cream.
- 7Cover and simmer on the lowest heat for 1 hour or until lamb is tender.
- 8Stir occasionally.
- 9Serve with Jasmine rice sprinkle cashew nuts over to serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Red Lamb Curry
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 911.7
- Calories from Fat 597
- Total Fat 66.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.0 mg
- Sodium 530.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves