Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
found this in a magazine and adapted to our tastes, delicious.
- 750 g boneless lean lamb, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon bottled kaffir lime leaf (I used Valcom brand)
- 425 g tomatoes with juice
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 (425 g) can coconut cream, not the lite version (or coconut milk)
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts, to serve
- cooking oil, to fry
- Heat a dash of oil in a heavy based deep frying pan and gently cook the onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass, stirring often until tender.
- Do not let mixture burn.
- Stir in the curry paste and lime leaves.
- Stir over a low heat for a few minutes until very fragrant.
- Add the lamb, tomatoes in juice and capsicum.
- Sir over a medium heat until the curry comes to the boil, then lower the temperature and stir in the coconut cream.
- Cover and simmer on the lowest heat for 1 hour or until lamb is tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve with Jasmine rice sprinkle cashew nuts over to serve.