Recipe by Chuck_Roast
The Thai Curry paste in this recipe was made up of on hand ingredients - came out pretty good, Makes enough for about 6 servings.
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce, Sriracha Sauce specifically
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 3 long red hot peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, small sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 10 -20 leaves Thai basil, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all paste ingredients and set aside.
- Heat 1 T. oil in frying pan and cook chicken until lightly browned and done. Set aside.
- Add 1 T oil to same pan and add yellow onion and celery, and half the thai basil, saute until almost tender.
- Add Red and Hot pepper saute for a minute or two. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium high heat add 1 T of oil, when oil is hot add curry paste and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut milk to curry paste and heat through.
- Add remaining green onion remaining thai basi, sauteed vegetables and chicken to sauce pan and heat through - simmer very slowly for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.