Recipe by dicentra
Vegetarian Times. Serve over rice or noodles.
Top Review by sdmahan
Very good recipe! My only change would be to add more red curry paste, and maybe a little more coconut milk/water. Those are just to suit my taste, since I like it a little more spicy and a little soupy (penetrates rice better). This recipe is definitely going into my collection, thanks!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 lbs acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 large green bell peppers, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup Thai basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large wok or skillet over medium heat until very hot. Add oil, and, when hot, add curry paste, garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry 1 minute. Add coconut milk, brown sugar and tamari soy sauce, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add squash, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water if mixture is too thick.
- When squash is almost tender, add scallions and green bell peppers, and continue cooking until squash is tender but still intact.
- To serve, garnish with Thai basil leaves, if using, and toss well.