Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The brother emailed me this recipe which, I assume, he got from one of his many cookbooks. Easy, authentic, and delicious!
- 354.88 ml light coconut milk
- 29.58 ml red curry paste
- 78.07 ml water
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 lime, juice of
- 453.59 g shrimp, precooked and shelled
- 78.07 ml basil leaves, minced (Asian, if available, but Italian will do)
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of the coconut milk over medium high heat, stirring often, until it starts to thicken and smell fragrant. This usually takes 3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook a minute or two, pressing and stirring it in the milk, to dissolve it. Stir in remaining coconut milk, water, fish sauce, sugar, pineapple and lime juice and bring to a gentle boil. Do not cover. Let cook a couple of minutes, then add shrimp and basil. Let all the flavors simmer for a few minutes. There's lots of liquid, so serve over rice.