Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very easy to make dish, serve with steamed brown rice.
Make and share this Thai Red Curry Shrimp and Calamari recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces large shrimp
- 12 ounces squid rings
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup eggplant
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 8 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Heat canola oil in a large pot or wok.
- Add onions and eggplant and cook until eggplant is cooked through (about 5 minutes). Add peppers and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add shrimp and calamari and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add rest of ingredients and bring up to a boil while stirring.
- Immediately turn off heat.
- Serve with steamed brown rice.
This is a really great combinations of tastes and textures. The ingredients did not look like they would work when I started this but I and my guests where surprised at the outcome. It has a sweet over flavour but a truly wonderful dish. I have noted in my recipe book that the next time I must try with some chicken breasts strips and also to add fresh coriander at the end. I also found that I had a little too much liquid in my dish when it was ready so I spooned out the prawns/shrimp and calamari so as not to over cook and then reduced the broth before adding them back. Superb