Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a perfect sauce to serve with Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts #30291 and coconut rice. Yum!
Make and share this Thai Red Curry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in saucepan.
- Add onion and saute until golden brown.
- Add curry paste and stir 1 minute.
- (Note: I used two TBS curry paste for this recipe but I like lots of spice so if you like a milder curry, use 1 TBS) Add broth and coconut milk.
- Boil 3 minutes, then stir in lime juice, garlic, ginger, tomato, cilantro, fish sauce and sugar.
- Simmer uncovered until lightly thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return sauce to pan and re-heat if needed.
I made this tonight following your recipe almost exactly. I decided to use a tablespoon each of fish sauce and sugar and as we are camping, and don't have all our equipment, to use the sauce without blending it to smooth. After it had simmered about 10 minutes, I added in some pumpkin cubes, then a few minutes before serving, added in some small broccoli florets, baby corn, red bell pepper strips and some fresh fish fillets. We ate this over rice stick noodles for a yummy Good Friday dinner thank you.
Perfect. Only changes made were due to personal taste (parsley instead of cilantro, and no fish sauce). It turned a heap of stir-fried vegetables over rice into a special meal. Thanks.
Great curry sauce. I only used 1/2 T. red curry paste as we like the flavor but not so hot. I made the rest as written. Served with Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts and Jasmine Rice With Caramelized Green Onions. Wonderful meal.