Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spicy mix that goes well over hot, cooked Jasmine rice.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- Combine coconut milk, salt, sugar and tamari. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add curry paste and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high and add beans, eggplant, red pepper and mushrooms. Stir fry until the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Reduce heat to medium and add coconut milk mixture while stirring. Heat for 1 minute.
- Serve hot over cooked jasmine rice and garnish with basil leaves and lime zest.
Reviewed for ZWT9 Family Picks- I really enjoyed this dish and really any veges on hand could be used. I used more curry paste and coconut milk than called for in the recipe as I love having the extra sauciness served over rice. 5 stars for a simple recipe that was really tasty.
I like this due to the versatility and it uses on hand types of ingredients. I had lots of beans to use up so worked perfectly for me. Made foe Family Picks
Mmmm, gotta love a good stir fry recipe that is easily adjusted to what needs to be used in your crisper :). I used eggplant, green beans, broccoli, and cabbage, and at the last minute threw in a bit of edamame for extra protein. I didn't so much measure the chili paste as dump, so it came out nice and hot..yum! I didn't so much care for it with the lime, so I will probably go without next time. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.