Recipe by The Flying Chef
Another recipe I made for my sisters birthday, very tasty crab cake recipe. I use fresh crab as I love the flavour of it, but canned is fine. It is also very easy to make, more time consuming if you have to crack crab, but you do taste the difference.
- 350 g crabmeat (I use fresh, I love the taste and prefer it, but canned would be fine.)
- 550 g uncooked prawns, shelled, deveined
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (I use Thai kitchen brand.)
- 3 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Chili dipping sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce (I use Thai kitchen brand again.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend or Process crab, prawns, paste, lemon grass, coriander, onions and egg until just combined. Shape into small patties using about a tablespoon of mix for each (will make about 25-30.) OR shape into larger patties (will make about 10-12).
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook crab in batches until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve crab cakes with dipping sauce.
- For the dipping sauce.
- Mix lime and sugar together, place in the microwave 30-45 seconds, to dissolve sugar, stir in fish sauce and sweet chili, Place in serving bowl and serve with crab cakes.