1/1 Photo of Thai Red Curry Crab Cakes With a Chili Dipping Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
Another recipe I made for my sisters birthday, very tasty crab cake recipe. I use fresh crab as I love the flavour of it, but canned is fine. It is also very easy to make, more time consuming if you have to crack crab, but you do taste the difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g crabmeat (I use fresh, I love the taste and prefer it, but canned would be fine.)
- 550 g uncooked prawns, shelled, deveined
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (I use Thai kitchen brand.)
- 3 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Chili dipping sauce
- 1Blend or Process crab, prawns, paste, lemon grass, coriander, onions and egg until just combined. Shape into small patties using about a tablespoon of mix for each (will make about 25-30.) OR shape into larger patties (will make about 10-12).
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook crab in batches until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- 3Serve crab cakes with dipping sauce.
- 4For the dipping sauce.
- 5Mix lime and sugar together, place in the microwave 30-45 seconds, to dissolve sugar, stir in fish sauce and sweet chili, Place in serving bowl and serve with crab cakes.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Red Curry Crab Cakes With a Chili Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1077 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 706.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
sweet chili sauce