Recipe by Elmotoo
This is a fantastic and very quick meal. Serve with rice.
Top Review by ashwebster
absolutely fantastic, only modifications was to add a couple of spoons of brown sugar towards the end and with the aubergine, i cut them into big cubes (making sure each piece had some skin on it) and then covered them in olive oil and salt and roasted them in the oven for 1/2 hour on gas mark 6. then i added these in as normal (after the chicken was cooked slightly) with some bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. this can easily be made into a vegetarian meal and i will try this for my parents one day as a veggie meal. thanks for a great recipe
- 396.89 g can coconut milk or 396.89 g can coconut cream
- 44.37 ml red curry paste
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2-3 Japanese eggplants or 2 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 fresh red chilies, cut into very thin strips
- 118.29 ml Thai basil or 118.29 ml sweet basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a heavy saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add 1/4 can of the thicker coconut milk.
- When it bubbles, add curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add additional 1/4 can of the thicker coconut milk and cook for 5- 8 minutes, until the oil begins to separate.
- Add chicken and stir to coat well.
- Cook for about 4 minutes until the chicken has changed color and firmed up.
- Add remaining coconut milk, bring to a boil, add eggplant and cook at a simmer, covered until chicken and eggplant are completely cooked.
- Stir in fish sauce and lime leaves.
- Cook at a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice, chiles and basil.