This is a fantastic and very quick meal. Serve with rice.
Make and share this Thai Red Curry Chicken and Eggplant (Aubergine) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk or 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 -3 Japanese eggplants or 2 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 fresh red chilies, cut into very thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup Thai basil or 1⁄2 cup sweet basil, chopped
- Heat a heavy saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add 1/4 can of the thicker coconut milk.
- When it bubbles, add curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add additional 1/4 can of the thicker coconut milk and cook for 5- 8 minutes, until the oil begins to separate.
- Add chicken and stir to coat well.
- Cook for about 4 minutes until the chicken has changed color and firmed up.
- Add remaining coconut milk, bring to a boil, add eggplant and cook at a simmer, covered until chicken and eggplant are completely cooked.
- Stir in fish sauce and lime leaves.
- Cook at a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in lime juice, chiles and basil.