1/9 Photos of Thai Red Curry Chicken and Eggplant (Aubergine)
This is a fantastic and very quick meal. Serve with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk or 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 -3 Japanese eggplants or 2 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 fresh red chilies, cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 cup Thai basil or 1/2 cup sweet basil, chopped
- 1Heat a heavy saute pan over medium high heat.
- 2Add 1/4 can of the thicker coconut milk.
- 3When it bubbles, add curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Add additional 1/4 can of the thicker coconut milk and cook for 5- 8 minutes, until the oil begins to separate.
- 5Add chicken and stir to coat well.
- 6Cook for about 4 minutes until the chicken has changed color and firmed up.
- 7Add remaining coconut milk, bring to a boil, add eggplant and cook at a simmer, covered until chicken and eggplant are completely cooked.
- 8Stir in fish sauce and lime leaves.
- 9Cook at a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Just before serving, stir in lime juice, chiles and basil.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Red Curry Chicken and Eggplant (Aubergine)
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 825.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves