Recipe by cookCol
I sometimes shy away from Thai recipes because of the list of ingredients. Everything in this recipe is easy to find. This is from our local newspaper, the Democrat and Chronicle.
Top Review by Chef PotPie
This made a nice lunch today! I liked the sweet and spicy, and how simple it was for ingredients and quick. I added extra curry paste and a whole teaspoon of sugar and served over rice. YUM!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken in cold water and pat dry. Cut away tendon strings on chicken breasts and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pot, large saute pan or skillet with tight fitting lid over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sear chicken in batches, turning until nicely browned on all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium and add curry paste and coconut milk to pan.
- Stir well, ensuring that chicken bits from bottom are stirred into mixture.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minute.
- Check curry for desired consistence and simmer a few minutes more, if desired, making sure the coconut milk does not cook away.
- Remove chicken from heat, cool 1 or 2 minute and mix in sugar.
- Serve over steamed rice.