Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe gives rissoles a new lease of life.
- 750 g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped finely
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, chopped finely
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place mince in bowl, stir in red curry paste.
- Add breadcrumbs, coriander, lime leaves, egg and soy sauce.
- Mix till sticky with clean hands.
- Shape mixture into large patties.
- Cook on preheated grill pan, 4 - 5 minutes each side till cooked through.
- Serve in buns with sweet chilli sauce.
Scaled this back for 500 grams very lean mince and used wholemeal/wholegrain fresh bread crumbs and a small egg for the egg beaters and followed through with the rest and made into mini burgers which I served with Thai Inspired Sweet Potato Fries and some coleslaw and pita bread for a very satisfying meal for 3. Thank you katew made for Everyday A Holiday.
I used low-fat ground beef (same as mince, I suspect!) and used green curry paste rather than red. Had company who is allergic to shellfish and the red contains shrimp paste. But the burgers were delicious! Thanks!
Great flavours in these burgers and made with everything we normally keep in the fridge and pantry. I served these with Easy Low Fat Oven Roasted Peppered Potato Wedges and Quick Asian-Style Cole Slaw rather than on a bun. I caan't suggest anything to improve these and will be making them again soon. I used a 5% low-fat mince, so estimate the fat count to be way lower than the nutritional panel would have you believe. Thanks for another great recipe Kate,