1/2 Photos of Thai Red Curried Lamb
Baby Kato's Note:
My dh is not fussy on lamb...but he does enjoy it prepared this way. I hope you will also enjoy this traditional dish. This wonderful dish is so good its from Thai Cooking by Parragon. I think I could eat curry every day and never be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb leg of lamb, lean, boneless, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil, peanut
- 1 onion, sweet, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry, red thai
- 2/3 cup milk, coconut, canned
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pepper, sweet, red, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup beef stock (or lamb stock)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, thai
- 2 tablespoons juice, lime, fresh
- 1 cup water chestnut, drained, canned
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 4 sprigs basil, fresh to garnish
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1Heat the oil in a work or large skillet over high heat, add the onion, garlic and fry 3 minutes.
- 2Add the meat and quickly stir fry until browned.
- 3Stir in the curry paste and cook 2 minutes, then add the coconut milk and sugar, bring mixture to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the curry, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add the sweet pepper, stock, fish sauce and lime juice, voer and continue simmering 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- 6Now you will add the chestnuts, cilanto and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Garnish with basil sprigs and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Red Curried Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1068.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 570.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: