My husband loves, loves, LOVES curry - be it Indian, Thai, or anything else. Well, a sushi restaurant near his job serves this delicious, spicy, and sweet red curry. I have been trying to figure out how to do it. And now I have. This recipe tastes exactly how the restaurant stuff does, and it comes together in close to 20 minutes.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (I use Thai Kitchen and I use about half of a 4 oz jar)
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 ounces bamboo shoots (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 5 ounces water chestnuts (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2-1 lb cooked chicken or 1/2-1 lb pork or 1/2-1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined) or 1/2-1 lb tofu (**Note -- Using any meat is OPTIONAL. I have lightly fried some tofu and used that instead for a mea)
- 4 -6 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1In a large saucepan, over medium high heat, combine coconut milk and curry paste – heat and stir constantly until the majority of the paste has dissolved.
- 2And fish sauce and brown sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- 3Add bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
- 4Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5SKIP the following step if doing a totally meatless option.
- 6Add meat or tofu, stirring gently until well incorporated.
- 7Simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes, until heated thoroughly.
- 8Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Red Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 806.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste