Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A super easy, super tasty curry without the need for lots of spices. Prepared and cooked in 30 mins. This makes a good party dish. We serve this with pomegranate rice (pomegranate not in season when I took the photo). A few fried pineapple slices and sliced banana turn this into a real tropical taste sensation.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken, and cubed
- 45 g Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut (or 1/2 cup dessicated coconut soaked in milk)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- In a large pan mix the coconut milk with the curry paste and water, Bring to the boil, reduce heat to simmer, and, add the chicken pieces.
- Cook for 20 mins or till chicken is cooked, add the tomatoes and the grated coconut. Cook for 2 minutes.
This was very good, though we found it to be VERY bland. I added a load of pepper and salt to spice it up a bit. Thanks!