Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe I got from my sister years ago and I still make it on a regular basis. It is the most delicious Red Curry that I have tasted. I hope you like it too! I usually serve it in a bowl on top of steamed white rice and it goes together great. Enjoy...
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, Sliced Thinly
- 3 tablespoons valcom authentic Thai red curry paste (May be substituted for another red curry paste but this is the one I found to be the best)
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, Cut into 3rds
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can baby new potato, Cut into Halves
- 1 cup coconut milk or 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil, paste
- Saute` onion and curry paste in a medium pan.
- Add Chicken in batches and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Add stock and potatoes.
- Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes and serve.
I added a diced sweet potato in addition to the other ingredients. Everyone was very pleased.
What a terrific dish Beck. We really enjoyed this quick and easy to make curry. It was wonderful on this cold dreary night. So full of flavor and interesting textures. The curry was perfectly balanced. I did add a little red pepper flake to give it the heat my dh likes. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I will make again often.
I thought this recipe was very good. It remined me exactly of a dish I had at a Lemon Grass resturaunt on my trip to Jamica. I didn't use the potatoes becuase i don't eat too muany starch foods. Although I did eat over rice. Also, I used one more teaspoon of the red Thai paste because I like things spicy.