Recipe by DeeVaFoodie
This recipe comes from "1000 Classic Recipes for Every Cook". I found it in my search for ZWT recipes.
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
I love Thai food and Thai recipes don't get much tastier or easier than this. Made as written (after stealing some lime leaves from a neighbour's tree). I almost always have these ingredients on hand, so I will make this often. Thanks very much for posting.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 4 fresh lime leaves
- 8 ounces sweet potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- rice, cooked jasmine or thai fragrant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sunflower oil in a large preheated wok or saucepan.
- Thinly slice the chicken. Add the chicken to the pan and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, curry paste, ginger, tamarind and lime leaves to the pan and stir fry about a minute more.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato. Add the coconut milk and sweet potato to the mixture in the pan and bring to a boil. Allow to bubble over a medium heat for 20 minutes, or until juices start to thicken and reduce.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cilantro to the curry and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to serving plates and serve hot with cooked rice.