1/3 Photos of Thai Red Chicken
This recipe comes from "1000 Classic Recipes for Every Cook". I found it in my search for ZWT recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 4 fresh lime leaves
- 8 ounces sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- rice, cooked jasmine or thai fragrant rice
- 1Heat sunflower oil in a large preheated wok or saucepan.
- 2Thinly slice the chicken. Add the chicken to the pan and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic, curry paste, ginger, tamarind and lime leaves to the pan and stir fry about a minute more.
- 4Peel and dice the sweet potato. Add the coconut milk and sweet potato to the mixture in the pan and bring to a boil. Allow to bubble over a medium heat for 20 minutes, or until juices start to thicken and reduce.
- 5Add the cherry tomatoes and cilantro to the curry and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to serving plates and serve hot with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Red Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.8
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 234.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 100.3 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
fresh lime leaves