Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A different twist on pumpkin soup - from the pumpkin book by DeeDee Stovel.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Saute the onion, ginger and garlic in the butter until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Place half the pumpkin, the coconut milk, milk, curry paste, and thyme into a blender. Add the onion mixture and puree until smooth.
- Pour soup back in the pot, add the remaining pumpkin, and continue to cook over medium heat until it is heated through but not boiling, about 3 minutes.
- Season with lime juice, salt and the pepper to taste. Adjust the seasonings. Serve hot. Scatter a few chopped peanuts over each serving.