Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
this is a great twist on an old favourite!!
Make and share this Thai Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 butternut pumpkin (peeled seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 -6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 100 g cooked rice vermicelli
- Saute onion in a little oil, add pumpkin and brown a little ( this gives a great nuuty flavour to the pumpkin.
- Add red curry paste, coat pumpkin and onions well.
- Add stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- At this point, blitz or mash soup to desired consistency.
- Add cooked rice vermicelli simmer further 5 mins this will thicken the soup a great deal.
- Serve with a big dollop of cream and fresh coriander and red chilli if you like it hot like me!
- You can also add chicken or seafood to this for a complete meal, but it is pretty filling on it's own!
- Enjoy :).
Yummo! Great soup with nice Thai flavours and a zap of heat. Made as written, but using a different type of pumpkin (squash). Served with coriander and a sprinkling of chopped jalapeno. Thanks for posting.