Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the Libby's corporation.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cayenne
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (white parts only)
- 30 (4 inch) skewers
- Place pumpkin, milk, peanut butter, chopped green onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt and cayenne pepper in blender or food processor; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Combine 1/2 cup pumpkin mixture and chicken in medium bowl; cover.
- Marinate in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Alternately thread chicken, bell peppers and green onion pieces onto skewers.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill or broil, turning once, for 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Heat remaining pumpkin mixture; serve with satay.
I came across this recipe through the "random recipe" link at the bottom of each page. I've chosen to give comments instead of a rating for this recipe as it was difficult for me to choose between a 3 or a 4 star review. I did not add the red peppers or green onions to the satay sticks but instead served them in a traditional style using only the chicken. We found the marinade/satay sauce to be a bit bland, despite all the seasonings. It was a bit of a strange mix with between the pumpkin and peanutbutter - they both seemed to overtake eachother, so you coudn't really taste either of the flavors. I think there is a good chance I will try this recipe again adding a few other ingredients - just what I'm not sure of off the top of my head. Thank you for posting this recipe and I am happy to have stumbled apon it.