Buster's friend's Note:
A little different from the ones already posted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 1/2 inch ginger, fresh, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, chopped
- 2 scallions, white parts only, finely sliced
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 1/3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed (or lemon juice)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, fresh (or very finely shredded zest of 1 small fresh lime)
- 1In a saucepan, combine the pumpkin, stock or water, ginger, and lemongrass. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the pumpkin is very tender, about 12 minutes. Add the scallions and cook briefly.
- 2Transfer the contents of the saucepan to a blender or food processor and process until the soup is partially puréed. Pour in half of the coconut cream and process until smooth.
- 3Rinse the saucepan and pour the purée into it. Add half of the remaining coconut cream. Season with salt and pepper and heat through without allowing the soup to boil. Taste and adjust the seasoning and squeeze in lime or lemon juice.
- 4If using the kaffir lime leaves, fold them in half and, using a sharp knife, trim away the hard central rib. Cut the leaves into threadlike shreds. Ladle the soup into bowls, add the remaining coconut cream, forming a swirl on top of each bowl, and garnish with the lime leaf or zest.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Pumpkin and Coconut Cream Soup
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 852.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves