Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little different from the ones already posted.
Make and share this Thai Pumpkin and Coconut Cream Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 1⁄2 inch ginger, fresh, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, chopped
- 2 scallions, white parts only, finely sliced
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed (or lemon juice)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, fresh (or very finely shredded zest of 1 small fresh lime)
- In a saucepan, combine the pumpkin, stock or water, ginger, and lemongrass. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the pumpkin is very tender, about 12 minutes. Add the scallions and cook briefly.
- Transfer the contents of the saucepan to a blender or food processor and process until the soup is partially puréed. Pour in half of the coconut cream and process until smooth.
- Rinse the saucepan and pour the purée into it. Add half of the remaining coconut cream. Season with salt and pepper and heat through without allowing the soup to boil. Taste and adjust the seasoning and squeeze in lime or lemon juice.
- If using the kaffir lime leaves, fold them in half and, using a sharp knife, trim away the hard central rib. Cut the leaves into threadlike shreds. Ladle the soup into bowls, add the remaining coconut cream, forming a swirl on top of each bowl, and garnish with the lime leaf or zest.
Yummy and so easy to make. Considering that we modified the recipe because of ingredients we had. 15oz can of pumpkin leftover from Thanksgiving plus 2c veggie broth instead of 1c. We used also used dried ginger instead of fresh and started with saut