Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a delicious prawn recipe, from Super Food Ideas magazine. The original recipe called for 2tb of fish sauce, but I only added 1tb. Feel free to adjust it to your own tastes :)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 long green chilies, roughly chopped
- 2 coriander, roots wash and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons palm sugar, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 kg medium green king prawns, peeled but with tails intact
- 1 lime, cut into wedges to serve
- 1 large mango, peeled and finely diced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- To make the salsa, place all ingredients in a bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- To make prawns, process garlic, chilli, coriander/cilantro roots, green onion, sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice until smooth.
- Preheat a lightly greased barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Cook prawns, tossing, for 3-4 minutes or until pink and cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Add garlic mixture. Toss to combine. Serve prawn mixture, with mango salsa and lime wedges.