Recipe by Sackville
Thai Prawn Curry can be made in half an hour and in one dish -- perfect for when you get home from work. You could also serve it over noodles instead of rice.
- 150 g French beans
- 125 g prawns
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into slivers
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 200 ml chicken stock or 200 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml coconut milk
- dried basil, coriander
- 1 lime, juiced
- olive oil (for cooking)
- basmati rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water in a saucepan and cook enough rice for 2 people.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and throw in the beans, cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms, fry for another minute and then add the prawn, chicken stock, fish sauce, curry paste and herbs.
- Cook until the beans are tender.
- Add the coconut milk and lime juice, cooking for a further 2 minutes over a medium heat and taking care not to scald the coconut milk.
- Serve over basmati rice, preferrably in a shallow bowl.