My husband's favorite Thai resturant serves this dish (his fave!) and he says he likes mine even better! I always serve it on top of a bed of white rice, following package directions for servings. Even my 5 year old says "this one's a keeper!" Also, the spinach can be substitued with a 2 lb. bag of stirfry veggies instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 118.29 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 510.29 g fresh spinach leaves
- optional- 1 lb. frozen stirfry vegetables
- 1Heat wok or large non-stick skillet to medium heat and add 1/2 cup water. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt. Stir thoroughly until chicken is cooked and water is almost dried.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium sized pot combine sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, cooking oil, and garlic. Do not add coconut milk yet. Heat over medium heat until bubbling, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium low. Once peanut butter and sugar has melted completely, slowly add cocnut milk, stirring until dark sauce has become caramel colored. Let sauce simmer over low heat to thicken.
- 3Steam cook spinach leaves AND/OR follow cooking instructions on stirfry veggies package. Instead of adding the sauce that comes with the veggies, add enough prepared peanut sauce to coat veggies and cook together about 5 minutes.
- 4Drain chicken, place it back into skillet, and add prepared peanut sauce to coat over medium heat.
- 5To serve: Make a bed of white rice, then a bed of spinach. Add stirfry, then chicken. Top each serving with leftover peanut sauce and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Pra Ram Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.3
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1720.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 82.8 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: