Recipe by HappyCookingMommy
My husband's favorite Thai resturant serves this dish (his fave!) and he says he likes mine even better! I always serve it on top of a bed of white rice, following package directions for servings. Even my 5 year old says "this one's a keeper!" Also, the spinach can be substitued with a 2 lb. bag of stirfry veggies instead.
Top Review by Kenny B.
Completely satisfied with this recipe. I used sesame oil, 2 tbsp of soy sauce instead of 3, and stir-fry veggies instead of white rice. have always loved Pra Ram chicken but could never find the right recipe for the peanut sauce. This recipe NAILED it. This is definitely on my weekly meal rotation. U can't wait to prepare this for my parents.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 18 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- optional- 1 lb. frozen stirfry vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can coconut milk, shaken
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok or large non-stick skillet to medium heat and add 1/2 cup water. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt. Stir thoroughly until chicken is cooked and water is almost dried.
- Meanwhile, in medium sized pot combine sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, cooking oil, and garlic. Do not add coconut milk yet. Heat over medium heat until bubbling, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium low. Once peanut butter and sugar has melted completely, slowly add cocnut milk, stirring until dark sauce has become caramel colored. Let sauce simmer over low heat to thicken.
- Steam cook spinach leaves AND/OR follow cooking instructions on stirfry veggies package. Instead of adding the sauce that comes with the veggies, add enough prepared peanut sauce to coat veggies and cook together about 5 minutes.
- Drain chicken, place it back into skillet, and add prepared peanut sauce to coat over medium heat.
- To serve: Make a bed of white rice, then a bed of spinach. Add stirfry, then chicken. Top each serving with leftover peanut sauce and enjoy!