Recipe by Erindipity
I copied this recipe from a cookbook I got from the library. I don't remember the name of the cookbook. It is great served over rice. Weight Watchers: 5 pts per 4 oz serving.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 limes
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pork, bell pepper, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper lakes, and garlic in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until the pork is fork-tender, 8-9 hours.
- Remove the port and coarsely chop. Add the peanut butter to the liquid in the cooker; stir well to dissolve the peanut butter and blend with the liquid. Return the pork to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve in shallow bowls over hot rice and sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.
- OAMC: Mix all ingredients in step one. Place in ziptop bag and freeze. To serve, thaw overnight and complete recipe as directed.