Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very delicious Thai recipe I found on the net. You can substitute pork for chicken or beef.
- 1 lb boneless pork chops (Sliced into 1/8-inch thick strips) or 1 lb pork loin (Sliced into 1/8-inch thick strips)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup coriander root (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 3 -4 green lettuce leaves (for garnish)
- Grind the garlic and coriander root in a mortar or blender. If using blender, add just enough oil to aid in the grinding.
- Spread the garlic and coriander root mixture together with salt and ground white pepper over the pork and marinate them about 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a wok, heat oil on a high heat.
- Deep-fry the pork about 5 minutes until they are cooked or become golden brown.
- Place the pork over lettuce leaves on a plate and serve with rice.