Recipe by Pinay0618
This recipe calls for ground pork, which is one of my favorite budget-friendly meats. Recipe is from Real Simple.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces wonton wrappers, sliced into 1/2-inch strips (about 10)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- sliced red chili peppers and cilantro leaf, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the pork and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add the broth, fish sauce, and 2 cups water to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the wonton wrappers, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice. Serve with the scallion greens, chili peppers, cilantro, and lime wedges.