Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spicy snack with no fat but tons of flavour - serve with before dinner drinks or a late night movie! Timing doesn't include popping the corn.
- 8 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hot Chinese chili sauce or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- salt (optional)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Combine sauces in a small bowl; toss popcorn with sauce mixture, then immediately with coriander& salt.
i left the fish sauce out of this becuase the idea of fish and popcorn was a little too crazy for my tastes. Otherwise this was yum! thanks!
Oh, yum! This is a terrific change from the typical popcorn & butter (or even the more "exotic" popcorn toppings like cheese or herbs or whatever). I did substitute the sambal oelek with Zhoug (#57689), which imparted a lovely garlicy flavor. I did brave the fish sauce, which I think is key and really makes this taste Thai. The addition of fresh cilantro is really special. I did not find that I needed any extra salt, but fish sauce is very salty (like soy sauce) and the Zhoug has a bit of salt in it as well. Thank you for a terrific snack! It's delicious!