Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pomelo = Pummelo. However you spell it, this is a large citrus fruit.
- 1 pomelo fruit
- 1 fresh red chile
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 stalk finely sliced lemongrass
- Peel and segment a large pomelo and place the pieces in a bowl.
- Make a dressing by combining the other ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and garnish with fresh coriander.
This was very good. I served it over a bed of letuce to stretch it a little. The dressing turns out pretty salty (with the fish sauce), even with the honey added so a little goes a long way. I also used basil insetad of cillantro as a garnish, simply because thats what I had. It turned out great though.
I have also added some chicken and shrimp meat to this recipe, which gives it more body as a main dish. Adding some pine nuts and macadameia (I can't spell today!) also added to the basic salad. (Had is served with these in a Thai place in Bangkok so was just copying their additions!)