Recipe by English_Rose
This Thai-poached salmon recipe shows you how to quickly transform a piece of salmon into a lovely, fragrant meal. Using Thai curry paste and coconut milk, a lovely balance of heat and creaminess is easy to achieve - you'll be impressed.
Top Review by zephanie
Very good recipe! We enjoyed it very much with some lime-cilantro basmati rice. Instead of blanching, I cooked the green beans in the coconut cream and (green) chili paste, that I also added some basil from our garden before poaching the salmon. Also squeezed half a lime into the sauce before serving. We really enjoyed it and it was so easy!
- 4 1⁄2 ounces long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 7⁄8 cup coconut cream
- 2 salmon fillets, skinless
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for a few seconds.
- Gradually stir in a coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add salmon fillets, cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes, turning the fish over halfway.
- Meanwhile, blanch green beans in a pan of simmering water until just tender. Drain and divide between 2 hot serving plates.
- Stir some fresh cilantro leaves into the sauce. Top the beans with the salmon, spooning over the sauce. Garnish with cilantro and serve with the cooked rice.