Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a great way to use up some leftover cooked rice, using some pantry staples.
Top Review by WiGal
We loved this-- knew we would as it has all our favorite ingredients! Love pineapple -hot or cold. Did all the prep earlier in day as this goes along pretty quickly. My rice was brown rice am sure it would look better with white but is what I had on hand. Thank you Jackie for sharing.
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chili peppers or 1 green chili pepper, diced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 29.58 ml soy sauce (I prefer low-sodium)
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 354.88 ml diced fresh pineapple
- 118.29 ml dry-roasted cashews
- 118.29 ml torn cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and stir-fry 1 minute or until they turn pink on the outside but are only halfway cooked through. Remove shrimp to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add to skillet bell pepper, onion, garlic, and chile; stir-fry 3 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add eggs and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice, separating grains with back of spoon, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add fish sauce, soy sauce, and lime juice; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet with fresh pineapple and stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Stir in cashews and cilantro.