Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Betty Crocker's International Cookbook. The fruit is tossed with a mild dressing, and it's intended as a side dish that will offset some of the more fiery main dishes for which Thai cuisine is so well known.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 small pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 tart red apple, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced (with tops)
- 1 small bunch romaine lettuce, shredded
- Shake oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and brown sugar in tightly covered jar; set aside.
- Place pineapple chunks, apple and green onions in bowl. Add the dressing and toss well.
- Place romaine in a shallow bowl, and mound the fruit mixture in the center.
Delicious and so easy! I was afraid that 3 green onions would be too much so I only put 2 1/2 in the salad; next time I will out 3. The dressing was perfect for this salad. I only used 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. IMO, two would of made it too sweet. Made for ZWT9 for the Gournet Goddesses July 2013
This is a very delicious salad! My pineapple was overipe (the way I like it) so I left out the sugar. One note, try to use fresh pineapple, it is so much better than canned.