Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This unusual fruit salad, tossed with a soy sauce dressing, provides a pleasing accent to hearty Asian foods.
Top Review by Susie D
The mix of sweet & savory elements caught my eye & I'm glad it did. I used a smaller pineapple so reduced the other ingredients to match. I liked dressing although I would reduce the oil a bit next time. I served this with grilled chicken breasts and the leftovers with sandwiches the next day. I will make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tart red apple, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced (with tops)
- 1 small bunch romaine lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a tightly covered jar.
- Twist top from pineapple; cut pineapple into quarters. Cut fruit from rind; remove core and any "eyes". Slice each quarter lengthwise; cut crosswise into chunks.
- Toss pineapple chunks, apple and green onions with dressing. Place romaine in shallow bowl; mound fruit mixture in center.