Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious recipe obtained from Kraft foods. This is a great way to introduce tofu to your family.
Make and share this Thai Pineapple-Peanut Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Pour teriyaki sauce over tofu. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to marinate. Drain tofu, reserve teriyaki sauce.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add tofu; cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove tofu from skillet.
- Add red pepper to skillet, cook for 2 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add rice and pineapple; stir and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add tofu, peanuts, basil and reserved teriyaki; stir until heated through.
- For a kick add red pepper flakes with tofu.
This dish was excellent and flavorful. I did, however, made a few changes. I added 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger and couple pinches cayenne pepper to the tofu marinade. I also added four ounces water chestnuts in with the green onions. I think extra-firm tofu might be better given it will be sauteed. There seemed to be just a bit too much rice. Cutting the rice down to 1 3/4 cups or 1 1/2 cups might give the whole dish a flavor boost. All in all, this was tasty stuff! I will be making it again!