Recipe by Sue Lau
This is also nice with lychees added.
Top Review by Nikoma
Whoever said you can't get fat off vegan food never made this! I can't stop eating it! Only change I made was adding 1/2 lb of cubed tofu that I coated with a little flour/cornmeal/salt/pepper/soy sauce. Added it in with the onions at the beginning to brown up. Over all fantastic recipe. As everyone else said I didn't expect that much flavor! Delish! Now...diet!
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped green beans
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks or 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 3 cups cold cooked rice (preferably medium grain)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (or tomato puree)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok, heat oil over medium heat and stir-fry onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the carrots and green beans and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple, rice, ketchup, and salt, mixing well and stir-frying for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro before serving.
- Serve with soy sauce, if desired.