Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is also nice with lychees added.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped green beans
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks or 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, drained
- 3 cups cold cooked rice (preferably medium grain)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (or tomato puree)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a wok, heat oil over medium heat and stir-fry onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the carrots and green beans and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple, rice, ketchup, and salt, mixing well and stir-frying for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro before serving.
- Serve with soy sauce, if desired.
I have made this a few times & love it. I didn't think it would really be that good the first time I made it being skeptical of the ketchup in the ingredients but I had everything in the pantry so gave it a shot. This is my go to make it quick with what's in the kitchen rice dish. If I have basil it goes in along with whatever veggies I have. Last night it was corn & sugar peas & shallots. Served it with tuna steaks last night & my man was happy.
Whoever said you can't get fat off vegan food never made this! I can't stop eating it! Only change I made was adding 1/2 lb of cubed tofu that I coated with a little flour/cornmeal/salt/pepper/soy sauce. Added it in with the onions at the beginning to brown up. Over all fantastic recipe. As everyone else said I didn't expect that much flavor! Delish! Now...diet!
This was an awesome recipe! It is really quick and easy. I've ordered this at restaurants before and they usually serve with chicken, eggs and shrimp so I added all (except the shrimp) to give it more substance and for protein since this was what was for dinner. You can really add any type of veggies that will fry well. You don't really need to measure anything for this recipe; just add as much or as little as you like of everything. Put more than a tbsp of ketchup to make it even tastier (if you like sweet) and I also added a little of the pineapple juice after draining the pineapples to give it more flavor. I had some left over white rice so I used that along with brown rice. I also added the cilantro and green onions at the end of cook time. At the end, the food looked so beautiful and delicious in the pan I couldn't wait to eat it! Will definitely make again!