- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄4 cup red curry paste
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can low-fat coconut milk
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together curry paste and coconut milk. Transfer to a wok, and mix in chicken, fish sauce, chili paste, sugar, and bamboo shoots. Bring to a boil, and cook until chicken juices run clear about 10 minutes.
- Mix the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, snap peas and onion into the wok. Continue cooking until are tender. If the liquid needs thickening, add flour to a little of the sauce and stir back into the curry.
- Remove from heat, and stir in pineapple. Serve over the cooked rice.