Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Slightly sweet, with a hint of heat, these pickles make a great snack, or accompaniment to thai dishes. I particularly like them with egg dishes.
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml red onion, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46-4.92 ml salt
- black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- This will theoretically keep for a couple of weeks, but I've never had them last more than a few days.
Very easy to make and quite tasty. Pretty much a sweet pickle with a little heat (not much). The cilantro works well here. Made for ZWT 6.