Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Yummy easy addictive sauce from newspaper, Oregonian Foodday. Blend 5 ingredients together and heat if desired.
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red curry paste (or more)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, sugar and peanut butter. Blend until smooth. Taste and add the salt, if desired. Taste and add more curry paste if you prefer your peanut sauce spicier.
- Make stir-fry. Add enough peanut sauce to coat the vegetables, toss and stir-fry for 1 minute to heat through. Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
- Or use sauce for dipping.
We followed the recipe exactly and found it just way too sweet. I'm sorry to be negative but it really took away from our enjoyment.
This is really, really good. As with most great recipes, you can adjust the ingredients "to taste" and still turn out a wonderful dish. I added hot chile pepper flakes and left out the sugar. I ate this sauce over a bed of stir-fry vegetables, grilled chicken and spaghetti noodles - sort of a Thai style lo main - and it was yummy. Thanks! This one's a keeper.