Recipe by pink cook
This is another good sauce from a Bon Appétit Magazine to serve with chicken satay, shrimp or beef. Enjoy.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (can use reduced-fat)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped and peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, crushed (optional for some spicy flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peanut butter in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually mix in chicken broth.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir over medium heat until smooth and thick, about 6 minutes. Cover and refrigerate. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead.)
- Before serving, stir over medium heat until hot, thinning with water if necessary. Pour sauce into bowl and garnish with lime peel, if like.