Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This combines the peanut sauce recipe from SheShimmers.com with the one found in my Thai cookbook, Cracking the Coconut.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup Thai red curry paste (such as Maesri brand)
- 3⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced Thai basil (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until thick. Continue to stir often.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.