Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is a real family favorite. Originally meant for dipping Chicken Satay, but can be used with any meat, rice, noodle, etc. for a Thai-style meal.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 8 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat & simmer gently, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced to a thick, creamy consistency (about 10-15 minutes).