Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from a recipe by Amy Barthelmy at allrecipes.com. You can enhance this by adding shredded chicken, slivers of pork, or cubes of tofu.
- 8 ounces rice noodles or 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons hot chili paste (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, coconut milk, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts and is heated through. Add noodles, carrots and bean sprouts, and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.