Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Amy Barthelmy at allrecipes.com. You can enhance this by adding shredded chicken, slivers of pork, or cubes of tofu.
- 8 ounces rice noodles or 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons hot chili paste (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, coconut milk, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, chili paste, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter melts and is heated through. Add noodles, carrots and bean sprouts, and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.
This is a really, really good dish. However, the measurements for the sauce are inaccurate...you should add about 1/3 of the measurements more for the sauce. I also added oyster sauce, and chili garlic paste. The chili garlic paste makes it spicy and just a little bit tangy...and it tastes great with this dish! Even without the additional ingredients that I added, this dish is superb! Will definitely make again. Its a keeper!
very good!!! i doubled the recipe & added shrimp.. everyone loved it!!
This recipe is a definite keeper! I had a 13.5 oz. pkg of noodles, so I really doubled the recipe, added the veggies listed plus diagonally cut snow peas and also browned a lb. pkg. of ground turkey. It served 6 generously and everyone loved it.