Recipe by 2atdiemer
A kid-friendly recipe when prepared with less spice, kick it up a notch for the grown-ups.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup snow pea pods, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret, in small pieces
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon szechuan seasoning (for mild, 2 tsp. for spicy)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 -8 ounces linguine or 6 -8 ounces fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, seasoning and chicken broth. Blend well and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and stir-fry until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add sauce mixture to vegetables in pan and cook over medium heat until beginning to thicken.
- Squeeze juice of lime into sauce and stir well.
- Add prepared pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- This makes a good meatless main dish, side dish for grilled meats or you can add cooked shrimp or chicken breast chunks for a heartier meal.