Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
California Pizza Kitchen has a Thai Crunch salad that combines the Thai Peanut Dressing and a Lime Cilantro Dressing. I prefer to use only the recipe for the Thai Peanut Dressing, found in the CPK cookbook, to accompany my Chinese Chicken Salad (cabbage, romaine, steak or chicken, crushed peanuts, shredded carrots, pepper and cucumbers). It is absolutely DELICIOUS and very easy to make. I usually double the recipe and store any leftover dressing in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (not "natural")
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon scant cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, honey, water and soy sauce.
- Stir in sugar, salt, cayenne and red pepper flakes.
- Add oil and continue whisking until smooth.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to five days. Bring to room temperature and whisk before using.
This is a delicious!! I used it as a stir-fry sauce and my whole family loved it!! I will be making this again!
I was surprised at how good this was. I loved that it was a small portion and so quick to make. I used it as a dip for lettuce wraps. I might try adding some ginger and garlic next time.
I LOVE this dressing!!!!! It is rich and flavorful! I did use a "natural" peanut butter, so I added a bit more sugar.