Recipe by magillrn
A delicious alternative way to prepare chicken breast. Asian cuisine has mastered the art of combining sweet and spicy flavors, this recipe is no exception! Prepare to be amazed!
Top Review by themami
I followed this recipe mostly as written, with minor subsitutions as was needed- with a 13 month old, you don't go to the grocery store twice in one day if you don't need to! I therefore subsituted limeade for the orange juice (had it in the fridge) and omitted the bell peppers. I also randomly dumped (cough cough- no measuring) red pepper flakes in instead of the cayenne pepper. The result was absolutely fabulous! We will keep this recipe on hand for a quick and easy peanut-Thai fix, for sure! Thanks for posting it!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, sliced (any color)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄8 cup curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 non-fat cooking spray
- 3 cups uncooked brown rice, steamed separately
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice, coconut, peanut butter, curry powder water and cayenne in blender or food processor. Blend until fairly smooth consistency is achieved (usually about 15-30 seconds).
- Lightly spray bottom of 9x13 pan with cooking spray and arrange chicken pieces and bell pepper slices.
- Pour sauce blend over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minute Be sure chicken is cooked thoroughly as ovens may vary.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Special note: the sauce blend can be used with other dishes as well!