Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A delicious alternative way to prepare chicken breast. Asian cuisine has mastered the art of combining sweet and spicy flavors, this recipe is no exception! Prepare to be amazed!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, sliced (any color)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄8 cup curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 non-fat cooking spray
- 3 cups uncooked brown rice, steamed separately
- Combine orange juice, coconut, peanut butter, curry powder water and cayenne in blender or food processor. Blend until fairly smooth consistency is achieved (usually about 15-30 seconds).
- Lightly spray bottom of 9x13 pan with cooking spray and arrange chicken pieces and bell pepper slices.
- Pour sauce blend over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minute Be sure chicken is cooked thoroughly as ovens may vary.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Special note: the sauce blend can be used with other dishes as well!
I followed this recipe mostly as written, with minor subsitutions as was needed- with a 13 month old, you don't go to the grocery store twice in one day if you don't need to! I therefore subsituted limeade for the orange juice (had it in the fridge) and omitted the bell peppers. I also randomly dumped (cough cough- no measuring) red pepper flakes in instead of the cayenne pepper. The result was absolutely fabulous! We will keep this recipe on hand for a quick and easy peanut-Thai fix, for sure! Thanks for posting it!
Really liked this dish. Nice subtle flavours. Loved the sauce. So easy to make too. I will try more cayenne pepper next time when I am not sharing it with the kids.